To become a PMI member, choose the plan that best meets your needs:
If your work involves project management or if you are simply interested in learning more about best practices, a PMI membership is a terrific solution for you. Membership is open to any individual interested in project management.
To join PMI-AGC as a student member, you must be enrolled full time in a degree-granting program. Note, PMI has removed the $10 application fee for new and rejoining student members. So all student memberships after Jan 1, 2013 will be only $32.
If you've been a PMI member in good standing for five consecutive years and have retired from active employment, you are eligible for retiree status. Enjoy your retirement while keeping up with the project management profession.
Applicants have two ways to apply for PMI membership; they are as follows:
If you do not have a credit card (as required for Option #1 above), you will be required to prepare a bank draft of US$149/- in the name of Project Management Institute. Fill the membership application form (you can access at above PMI link) and send it to PMI Headquarters in USA. Approval process normally takes two to three months.
Please be sure to add Arabian Gulf Chapter (AGC) as your local Chapter and become part of the PMI-AGC Distribution List
The Benefits and Types of Membership
Becoming a member of PMI gives you unparalleled access to powerful tools, exclusive services, and information and networking opportunities to further your career, including:
- Exclusive members-only content on PMI.org
- Knowledge sharing and networking opportunities through PMI communities
- Job search capabilities using Career Headquarters
- Leadership and volunteer opportunities through PMI components and communities, certification program, research program, standards program and other areas
- Access to A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Guide)
- Access to PMI's career framework
Members also receive discounts on:
- PMI credential exams and renewals
- SeminarsWorld and e-SeminarsWorldSM educational opportunities
- PMI global congresses and Research Conference attendance
- Soundview Executive Book Summaries
- Research and reference services by PMI Virtual Library staff
- Project management publications, products and training tools through the PMI Marketplace
And access to exclusive publications and information to members, including:
- PM Network, PMI's monthly magazine with the latest news and trends
- PMI Today, PMI's informative monthly newsletter
- Project Management Journal, a quarterly research journal
- Leadership in Project Management, an annual publication devoted to enriching leadership skills
- PMI Community POST, a bimonthly electronic newsletter
- PMI e-links, monthly electronic newsletters that focus on EMEA and Asia Pacific trends
- Online access to information resources with PMI Marketplace and Virtual Library
- Online access to business and project management books and articles with eReads & Reference